Gamers, you say?
Gamers. Players of games. Board games, card games, computer games, role-playing games, even fantasy football. If you have ever enjoyed a game of Trivial Pursuit, you are a gamer. Life, anyone's life, is made far more enjoyable with games. And people who are able to regularly play games are very lucky people indeed.
Gamers For Humanity is a way for us to help other people who aren't so lucky. If you don't have a home of your own, if you're displaced from your city and job...well, games--fun and enjoyment--become a pretty low priority.
Who We Are
Gamers For Humanity is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit, incorporated in the State of Iowa. We are dedicated to helping improve the world around us through:
- increasing the participation of gamers in charitable activities across the nation
by providing opportunities for enjoyable and meaningful volunteer work.
- providing human services to people and communities in need.
- encouraging the enjoyment of life for people of all ages through the playing of
We work to accomplish these goals by doing the work of organizing volunteer
opportunities and opportunities for giving, and by collecting donated funds and items
to be distributed to people in need.
Short- and Long-Term Goals
Our mission is open-ended, and thus our goals are both short- and long-term in their
- build up a large base of regular volunteers--gamers and non-gamers alike--who can
respond to volunteer programs and donation needs.
- increase our visibility and name-recognition, particularly among gamers, with
the goal of making gamers aware of the good they can do in the lives of others.
- improve the lives of the people around us, focusing in particular on helping
people a) meet basic needs (food, housing, employment) and b) find ways to bring
enjoyment into their lives.
- work to the best of our abilities to eliminate suffering and need in our
Gamers For Humanity works to achieve the goals above in a variety of ways, primarily
by offering our assistance and effort to other established and respected charities, the
benefit of many of which is immediately evident:
- working with The Phoenix of New Orleans,
Habitat For Humanity, and similar organizations
to provide affordable and safe housing to people in need.
- collecting games, toys, and books for children and adults who cannot afford them
or have not had the opportunity to play.
- collecting food, toiletries, and household items for donation to food banks or
families in need.
If you'd like more information about the specific projects and donations we have been involved with, let us know and we can provide you with
details and contact information for the groups we have worked with.
Thank you for your time and interest, and please feel free to contact us with any
questions you have about Gamers For Humanity, our people, or our operations. We hope
you choose to volunteer with us or help with our ongoing work, and we look forward
to meeting you.
We have received tremendous support from Gen Con LLC, the great people and company that put on Gen Con, the world's biggest and best gaming convention.
In fact, Gamers For Humanity is mostly comprised of Gen Con attendees at the moment, and has grown from the fellowship of the gamers there.
Come talk to us on the Gen Con Community Forums. Good people, good times.